Sign In
New User? Sign Up

Expert Summary

profile name

Dr.Ryan Carroll

View Details Invite
Send Message

Rating

No ratings received yet


Summary

Ryan W. Carroll, MD, MPH, is on faculty for the divisions of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Global Health at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He is an Instructor for Harvard Medical School and teaches the principles and concepts of pediatric critical care while attending the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Boston for 25% of the year. The remaining 75% of the year he serves as the Program Director in Uganda for Global Health. There he oversees 10 – 15 research projects, 14 departmental partnership development programs, the hosting of over 150 visitors per year, and approximately 10 ex-patriot in-country staff. One specific area of interest is appropriate medical technology development. Dr. Carroll works as a faculty advisor for the Consortium for Affordable Medical Technology (CAMTech) and is currently assisting in the validation of several technologies: a Simple Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (s-CPAP) device for neonates; hand-held infrared imaging for diagnosing pneumonia; and a simple hematocrit measurement device. Dr. Carroll has been involved with CAMTech’s and MIT’s Medical Hackathons since 2012..


Location

United States


Expertise In

Public Health (Global Health)

Academic (Staff)


Experience

Staff Physician with the divisions of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Global Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, 2010 -